Friday, March 26, 2021

Just What the Title Says: Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Cookbook

A nicely photographed cookbook with interesting anecdotes about the early days of Weight Watchers. Having been a member of Weight Watchers in the past (more than once), I am familiar with their programs and approach. They did work for me for a while at one time, but I got bored and a bit frustrated.

However, I thought it would be a good idea to check out this fairly new (2013) cookbook as I was looking for low carbohydrate recipes with restrained calorie counts. While I found a few, I was pretty surprised at the high values I found in many of their suggestions. Since its publication, there are newer books that feature food values and choices that are more relevant to my current needs.

You will probably find this book in your local library, as I did, and it certainly can't hurt to leaf through and make note of what may work for you. I appreciate the availability of books like this in my public library, and support its programs wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment