Saturday, March 16, 2024

Out of Brooklyn – Neil Diamond: His Life, His Music, His Passion by Laura Jackson

Neil Diamond is one of the most successful singer-songwriters in American popular music, the winner of multiple Grammy awards, a Kennedy Center honor, and a Golden Globe. He's been inducted to Songwriters and Rock and Roll Halls of Fame. Some of his songs, including "I'm a Believer", and "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" were huge hits when covered by other artists. 

As a long-time fan, I was interested in reading this book that takes him through about 2010. There wasn't a lot of new territory covered, but it did make me want to revisit his music catalog with the hope of hearing some  albums and watching some videos that were new to me. 

I wouldn't call this biography particularly insightful, but it was a quick and easy read, and includes some attractive photos. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment