Monday, May 31, 2021

Better than Ever – The Moosewood Restaurant Cooking for Health: More Than 200 New Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes for Delicious and Nutrient-Rich Dishes

You can never grow wrong with a Moosewood cookbook, but I particularly like this very contemporary one that focuses on healthy dishes that suit vegetarian and restricted diets. It is full of great recipes, food and seasoning tips, non-boring nutritional information and more.

It emphasizes the importance of cooking and eating whole, natural foods and addresses which conventionally-raised fruits and vegetables absorb the most pesticides, thus providing guidance for what organic items should be purchased and which are unnecessary and just an extra expense.

Even though I follow a low-carb diet for health reasons, I can find many options here, and with a few adjustments, make most recipes work for me. Having borrowed a copy of the book from my local library in order to see if it was suitable for me, I can't wait for my own purchased book to arrive so I can dive in and add some new dishes to my repertoire. Thank you, Moosewood Collective! 

No comments:

Post a Comment